Thursday, July 26, 2007

Fuck it. I'm ready for college football.

Buccaneer training camp opens tomorrow with a morning/afternoon two-a-day session at Disney's Wide World of Sports. I'll be broadcasting my evening show on 1010 live from camp two or three times a week for the next three weeks. I don't like training camp, nor does anybody else, player or member of the media. Anyway, while I am fired up for the Bucs and the NFL to return, there is one thing, and ONLY one thing, that gets me even more excited than that. We're talking more excited than a rabbit with three dicks. What, pray tell, is that, you might ask? To quote Colorado head coach Dan Hawkins:



"IT'S DIVISION ONE FOOTBALL!!!"
Now, there is still a lot of time to go until September 1 when the Gators take the field against Western Kentucky (that, alas, will be Division one and a half football, becuase the Hilltoppers are in their final year of I-AA this season). Nevertheless, the bug has not only bitten me, but burrowed under my skin and layed eggs early this year. ESPN is already airing daily episodes of College Footall Live, and I have already started checking the Gainesville Sun website and various other online outlets of information for anything can find on Gator and college football in general.
Goddamnit I'm exctied.