Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Bobby Gameday to appear weekdays 6-7 pm on 1010

As many of you know, I left my old radio station back in May, and for the last few weeks have been doing some fill-in stuff on 1010 Sports The Beast, WQYK-AM. Well, starting yesterday, I am on each and every weekday in the hour of 6-7 pm. I'm doing what amounts to an evening warmup show for whatever events are taking place in sports on that particular night, but I'll also take calls and do a lot of opinion stuff, interviews, all the same things you were used to from back in the 1470 days. Should be a lot of fun, and I am grateful to the people at 1010 for giving me the opportunity. If you want to learn more, check out the station website, 1010sportsonline.com

As of right now, the show is called "The Sports Desk with Bobby Fenton". If you know me, you already deduced that this title came directly from upstairs, and that it wasn't my idea. I wanted to go with the traditional "Free Stretch with Bobby Fenton". Drew even suggested "Local Programming with Bobby Fenton", which I found hilarious. I am working on this.